Finding the right SEO agency with the expertise to increase organic traffic to your website can change your business for the better. Knowing how to find the right eCommerce SEO services can make your research and vetting process easier. These tips can help make things a bit easier!
- Look at the company’s SEO case studies and client examples
You want a case study that is relevant, which means a recent case study that shows current SEO trends. The case study should also be for eCommerce companies with product catalogs that are of a similar size to yours if your ultimate goal is online sales. If you don’t sell directly online but instead use your online presence to generate incoming leads, ask the SEO company for case studies for similar lead generation sites.
There is a possibility that the SEO company may not provide you with this data because of client confidentiality. In that case, choose a company focused on actual sales and conversions, not just rankings.
- Consider the agency’s past performance.
Look at what the SEO agency has done in the past before making a decision. Please ignore what the agency says about itself but instead ask for specific, proven, and verifiable results. For example, ask for examples of eCommerce sites they helped succeed using the strategy they are trying to sell to you.
- Contact past and current clients of the company
You can do this easily by looking at the testimonials, but they often lack detailed information. Alternatively, you can directly contact the SEO agency’s past and current clients and ask them about its strengths and weaknesses. To get a better idea about the company, contact 3 to 5 clients of a particular SEO company and ask the following questions:
- Does the company return emails or calls promptly?
- How much time does a client have to dedicate to reading reports and decision making on strategy?
- Does the company provide a dedicated point-of-contact to clients?
- Choose an agency that has a strong skill-set in conversion optimization.
A company may be great at creating a great strategy for actual sales and conversions but may lack skills for conversion optimization. Conversion optimization (conversion rate optimization) is a process used to increase visitors’ percentage to a website that eventually converts to customers. This is a simple definition, but experts in enterprise SEO in London understand it is a system that prevents stagnant growth for an eCommerce website.
Examples of conversion optimization include AB testing of button copy, headlines, colors, and landing pages. This is done to ensure that a customer’s experience on your eCommerce site always improves and increases traffic and conversion rates.
- Arrange a meeting with the SEO vendor
You can meet the SEO agency virtually or in-person and ask questions about the services they offer. The following are some of the questions you should ask them:
- How much do the agency’s services cost?
- How long do you have to wait to see results?
- What experience do they have helping eCommerce businesses similar to yours?
Also, consider an in-person meeting because it can help you determine whether you have “chemistry” with the SEO company you intend to hire. In other words, an in-person meeting will help you decide if the SEO team understands your goals, understands your business model, and understands you.
- What you should look out for
One reason why it’s important to learn how to find the right SEO eCommerce SEO services is to avoid agencies that are not reputable. Below are some factors that can help you avoid such SEO vendors:
- Fake SEO expert: They know almost all SEO lingo and even have a professional website but have inexperienced employees. Another sign they may be fake is if they have been offering SEO services for only a couple of years.
- Guarantees: A company that guarantees specific numbers and #1 rankings is probably lying to you.
- They are cheap: Anything under £550 a month is too good to be true.
The right company that offers enterprise SEO in London is a company that you can communicate with easily. To learn more about how we can help, contact us today.
Hitesh is a digital marketing strategist and entrepreneur with more than 15 years of digital marketing, start-ups, branding, and customer acquisition strategies. Hitesh is the CEO and Founder of Reposition Group, which encompasses several companies in the digital sector, including SEO.co.uk, Reposition.co.uk, and Bouncezap.com.