Qatar is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and offers a luxurious experience to travelers all over the world.
It is one of the middle east’s most desired travel destinations due to the plethora of experiences it has to offer including desert safaris, picturesque artificial islands, and premium restaurants and cafes with delicacies from around the world.
It is one trip you have to make if you love to have a rich and luxurious experience in the heart of the middle east.
Travelers from India have it easy because the country offers Qatar visa on arrival for Indians, so you won’t have a hard time arranging for documents or going through a lengthy visa application and approval process. If you hold a valid Indian passport, you are good to go!
Image Source: Shutterstock
How Long is the Qatar Visa on Arrival for Indians Valid?
Indians get visa-free access to the state of Qatar for up to 30 days. The visa waiver is valid for up to 180 days from the date of issue which you can use for making multiple trips to the country.
However, if you wish to spend more than 30 days in the country then you would need to apply for a visa.
If you are planning to stay in the country for more than 30 days, you will have to apply for a visa.
Types of Visas
- Tourist Visa: A tourist visa is essentially a travel document that allows a traveler to spend time in the country for recreational purposes. It is valid for up to 6 months from the date of issue and you can apply for a tourist visa online. You will not need this if you are spending less than 30 days since you get a Qatar visa on arrival for Indians.
- Family Visa: If you are an expat and wish to bring your family to stay with you in Qatar, then you would need to apply for a family visa.
- Business Visa: This is for an individual who wishes to travel to the country for business purposes. The concerned company or the agency has to arrange this visa on behalf of the traveler.
- Student Visa (F1): If you are planning to pursue higher education in the country, then you would need to apply for a student visa.
- Work Visa: This is for people who want to make a living in the state of Qatar. Your employer will have to apply for this visa on behalf of employees, employed for a minimum tenure of 2 years.
- Transit Visa: If you are traveling to another country through Qatar, you will need to apply for a transit visa; however, you won’t need this visa in case you are only changing flights. This single-entry visa is valid for 96 hours and has to be used within 30 days from the date of issue.
How to Apply for a Qatar Visa?
- Log in to the official Qatar visa application portal
- Fill up the application form
- Submit all required documents
- Pay the applicable visa fee
- Valid Indian passport with 6 months validity with the required number of blank pages
- Two copies of the first page of the passport
- Two colored passport size photographs
- Invitation from a Qatari resident or copy of tourist visa application
- Proof of accommodation and hotel reservations
- Copy of confirmed flight tickets
If you are thinking of traveling to Qatar taking advantage of the Qatar visa on arrival for Indians then don’t forget to apply for appropriate travel insurance before you decide to travel.
Qatar is an expensive country and the health coverage that a travel insurance plan offers will help you deal with any medical emergencies, loss of baggage and passport, and cost incurred on canceled or delayed flights.
Care Insurance offers a range of travel insurance plans for various countries at an affordable premium. All of their plans are comprehensive and will help you deal with any exigencies in a foreign country without hassle.
So, if you are thinking of making that trip, always travel with appropriate travel insurance coverage!